The original sauce was made with 150g each of blackberries and raspberries but I had blueberries and strawberries in the fridge and some frozen raspberries, so I decided to use these instead.
This sauce is incredibly simple to make and tastes fantastic! It went brilliantly with the lemon tart, but would also be fantastic with ice cream, meringues, pancakes and lots of other desserts! I used the leftover sauce on my yoghurt and granola for breakfast!
Easy berry sauce
- 300g berries (I used 100g each of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries)
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- Put all of the ingredients in a medium-sized pan and mix gently with a wooden spoon so that all of the berries are coated with sugar and cornflour.
- Set the pan on a low heat and stir frequently until the juices start to run.
- Increase the heat slightly and simmer gently, stirring regularly, until the fruit has softened and the juices have thickened to make a sauce.
- Taste the sauce and add more sugar if required.
- Add a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.